ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course target climbers who have little experience and want to learn how to lead climb sport single pitch routes safely and autonomous. You will do your first fluid movements in the rock, acquiring the theoretical and practical concepts of climbing in the most efficient and safe way.
This course teaches the basics that will allow the participants to practice lead climb (progression techniques and belay), clean a sport route and be autonomous at all times.
The course has a total duration of 6 hours in one day of training. The training will be organized between theoretical and practical lessons.
After the course the participants will be able to:
- Practice sport climbing in an autonomous way at all times.
- Know and identify the all kind of climbing holds and their characteristics.
- Know and identify all gear necessary for sport climbing.
- Correctly choose and use all gear and security techniques of sport climbing.
- Progress correctly through a climbing route whether it is with resin grips or natural grips.
- Identify the specific dangers of sport climbing.
- Types of climbing holds
- Advanced sport climbing gear
- Advanced progression techniques
- On sight climbing
- Belay in lead climb
- Cleaning sport anchors
- Falls and withdraw
- Specific dangers
- Personal gear (climbing shoes, harness and helmet)
- Mountain footwear
- Comfortable clothes
- One lunch during climbing (for example a sandwich, some fruits and nuts)
- Minimum of one liter of water
PRICE PER PERSON: 60€
- Qualified climbing guide
- Group climbing gear
- First AID Kit
- Accident and liability insurance
- Transport to the climbing area
- Everything not listed in the included items
The dates shown below are only for courses in Spanish. We offer courses in English only on demand and according to the availability of our guides. Please contact us to ask for a date of this course in English.