ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course targets experienced climbers who want to learn the techniques of aid climbing either to be able to avoid difficult parts on multi-pitch routes or to make complicated aid pitches. You will familiarize yourself with the gear for aid climbing, you will do your first fluid moves on aiders and you will acquire the theoretical and practical concepts of aid climbing in the most efficient and safe way.
This course teaches all necessary concepts and techniques that will allow participants to start aid climbing routes in an autonomous and safely way. Although it is not a requirement for the completion of the course, all participants are strongly recommended to pre-stage the lead course.
The course has a total duration of 6 hours in one day of training. The training will be organized between theoretical and practical lessons in a rock climbing area.
The course will be held in a climbing area to be agreed depending on the season of the year.
After the course the participants will be able to:
- Know and identify all gear necessary for aid climbing.
- Correctly use of the aiders.
- Correctly progress on an aid climbing route.
- Correctly choose and use all gear and security techniques of aid climbing.
- Identify the specific dangers of aid climbing.
- Aid climbing gear
- Technique and use of aiders
- Progression method
- Specific dangers
- Personal gear (climbing shoes, harness and helmet)
- Daisy chain
- Fifi hook
- Mountain footwear
- Comfortable clothes
- Food and water
- 1 participant: 150€ / person
- 2 participants: 125€ / person
- 3 participants: 100€ / person
- 4+ participants: 75€ / person
- Qualified climbing guide
- Group climbing gear
- Accident and liability insurance
- Taxes (21% VAT)
- Transport to the climbing area
- Everything not listed in the included items
The dates shown below are only for courses in Spanish. We offer courses in English only on demand and according to the availability of our guides. Please contact us to ask for a date of this course in English.