ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course target climbers who have little or none experience and want to start rock climbing and getting introduced to this sport. You will do your first fluid movements in the rock, acquiring the theoretical and practical concepts of climbing in the most efficient and safe way.
This course teaches the basics that will allow the participants to practice top-rope climbing (progression techniques and belay).
The course has a total duration of 12 hours in two days of training. The training will be organized between theoretical and practical lessons.
The first day (4 hours) will be held in the facilities of an indoor climbing gym in Valencia and the second day (8 hours) we will climb outdoors in a climbing area around Valencia.
After the course the participants will be able to:
- Progress correctly through a climbing route whether it is with resin grips or natural grips.
- Correctly belay and catch a fall of a climber top-roping.
- Know and identify the all kind of climbing holds and their characteristics.
- Know and identify all gear necessary for sport climbing.
- Correctly choose and use all gear and security techniques of sport climbing.
- Know and identify the general dangers of sport climbing.
- Climbing holds
- Progression techniques
- Sport climbing gear
- Top-rope climbing
- Belay and falls
- General dangers
- Mountain footwear
- Comfortable clothes
- Food and water
- 1 participant: 250€ / person
- 2 participants: 150€ / person
- 3 participants: 125€ / person
- 4+ participants: 100€ / person
- Group and personal climbing gear
- Accident and liability insurance
- Taxes (21% VAT)
- Transport to the climbing area
- Everything not listed in the included items
The dates shown below are only for courses in Spanish. We offer courses in English only on demand and according to the availability of our guides. Please contact us to ask for a date of this course in English.
26th and 27th October 2019 (Spanish)
Course fully booked
18th and 19th January 2020 (Spanish)
Course fully booked
9th and 10th May 2019 (Spanish)
6 places left