ABOUT THIS COURSE
You never tried sport climbing, but playing on walls seems tempting to you? This course is for you! Our initiation course targets everyone who desires to discover outdoor sport climbing and who is still new to this sport. We concentrate the contents of the course on the basics that will allow the participants to practice safely top rope climbing.
This course does not prepare for autonomous lead climb (see our intermediate courses for lead climbing).
The course has a total duration of 6 hours in one day of training. The training will be organized between theoretical and practical lessons.
After the course the participants will be able to:
- Know and identify the different types of rock and their characteristics.
- Know and identify the basic gear for sport climbing.
- Correctly choose and use the basic gear and security techniques of sport climbing.
- Progress correctly through a climbing route whether it is with resin grips or natural grips.
- Identify the general dangers of sport climbing.
- Types of outdoor climbing
- Difficulty grading systems
- Basic sport climbing gear
- Climbing history and evolution
- The rock: types and characteristics
- Basic progression techniques
- Tie in knots
- Belay in top-rope
- General dangers
- Personal gear (climbing shoes, harness and helmet)
- Mountain footwear
- Comfortable clothes
- One lunch during climbing (for example a sandwich, some fruits and nuts)
- Minimum of one liter of water
PRICE PER PERSON: 50€
- Qualified climbing guide
- Group climbing gear
- First AID Kit
- Accident and liability insurance
- Transport to the climbing area
- Everything not listed in the included items
The dates shown below are only for courses in Spanish. We offer courses in English on demand only and according to the availability of our guides. Please contact us to ask for a date for this course in English.