ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course target climbers who have little experience and want to learn how to descend single or multi-pitch routes with abseil techniques safely and autonomous. You will set up an abseil with single and double ropes, acquiring the theoretical and practical concepts of abseiling in the most efficient and safe way.
This course teaches the basics that will allow the participants to practice abseiling, link ropes with specific knots and be autonomous at all times.
The course has a total duration of 4 hours in one day of training. The training will be organized between theoretical and practical lessons.
After the course the participants will be able to:
- Practice abseiling in an autonomous way at all times.
- Join ropes with specific knots.
- Know and identify all gear necessary for abseiling.
- Correctly choose and use all gear and security techniques of abseiling.
- Identify the specific dangers of abseiling.
- Abseiling gear
- Anchor set up
- Specific rope linking knots
- Abseiling techniques
- Hanging / Guided abseil
- Recover the rope
- Linking abseils
- Climbing up the rope
- Specific dangers
- Personal gear (harness and helmet)
- Personal anchor (multi-chain)
- Personal descender for double ropes (reverso)
- Mountain footwear
- Comfortable clothes
- Food and water
- 1 participant: 90€ / person
- 2 participants: 60€ / person
- 3 participants: 50€ / person
- 4+ participants: 45€ / person
- Qualified climbing guide
- Group climbing gear
- Accident and liability insurance
- Taxes (21% VAT)
- Transport to the climbing area
- Everything not listed in the included items
The dates shown below are only for courses in Spanish. We offer courses in English only on demand and according to the availability of our guides. Please contact us to ask for a date of this course in English.