ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course target experienced climbers who want to learn how to climb multi-pitch routes safely and autonomous. You will do your first fluid movements in the rock, acquiring the theoretical and practical concepts of climbing in the most efficient and safe way.
This course teaches all necessary concepts and techniques that will allow participants to start climbing multi-pitch routes in an autonomous and safely way. Although it is not a requirement for the completion of the course, all participants are strongly recommended to pre-stage the abseiling course.
The course has a total duration of 16 hours in two days of training. The training will be organized between theoretical and practical lessons.
The course will be held in a climbing area to be agreed depending on the season of the year.
After the course the participants will be able to:
- Plan a multi-pitch climbing activity correctly.
- Correctly read and identify the critical points of a climbing topo.
- Know and identify all gear necessary for multi-pitch climbing.
- Set an bolted anchor and belay a climber from the anchor correctly.
- Correctly choose and use all gear and security techniques of multi-pitch climbing.
- Identify the specific dangers of multi-pitch climbing.
- Planning and logistics
- Multi-pitch climbing gear
- Anchors settings
- Communication protocol
- Falls and withdraw
- Basic self-rescue techniques
- Specific dangers
- Personal gear (climbing shoes, harness and helmet)
- Personal anchor (multi-chain)
- Belay device for double ropes (reverso)
- Mountain footwear
- Comfortable clothes
- Food and water
- 1 participant: 350€ / person
- 2 participants: 225€ / person
- 3+ participants: 175€ / person
- Qualified climbing guide
- Group climbing gear
- Accident and liability insurance
- Taxes (21% VAT)
- Transport to the climbing area
- Everything not listed in the included items
The dates shown below are only for courses in Spanish. We offer courses in English only on demand and according to the availability of our guides. Please contact us to ask for a date of this course in English.