ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course target climbers who have little or none outdoor climbing experience and want to learn how to climb sport single pitch routes safely and autonomous. You will do your first fluid movements in the rock, acquiring the theoretical and practical concepts of climbing in the most efficient and safe way.
This course teaches the basics that will allow the participants to practice lead climb (progression techniques and belay), clean a sport route and be autonomous at all times.
The course has a total duration of 12 hours in two days of training. The training will be organized between theoretical and practical lessons.
The first day (4 hours) will be held in the facilities of an indoor climbing gym in Valencia and the second day (8 hours) we will climb outdoors in a climbing area around Valencia.
After the course the participants will be able to:
- Practice sport climbing in an autonomous way at all times.
- Know and identify the all kind of climbing holds and their characteristics.
- Know and identify all gear necessary for sport climbing.
- Correctly choose and use all gear and security techniques of sport climbing.
- Progress correctly through a climbing route whether it is with resin grips or natural grips.
- Identify the specific dangers of sport climbing.
- Types of rock climbing
- Types of climbing holds
- Progression techniques
- Difficulty system grading
- Sport climbing gear
- Tie-in knots
- Top-rope and lead climb
- Belay and falls
- Specific dangers
- Personal gear (harness and helmet)
- Mountain footwear
- Comfortable clothes
- Food and water
- 1 participant: 220€ / person
- 2 participants: 145€ / person
- 3 participants: 120€ / person
- 4+ participants: 100€ / person
- Qualified climbing guide
- Group climbing gear
- Accident and liability insurance
- Taxes (21% VAT)
- Transport to the climbing area
- Everything not listed in the included items
The dates shown below are only for courses in Spanish. We offer courses in English only on demand and according to the availability of our guides. Please contact us to ask for a date of this course in English.